Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 - 20 minutes
Ravo is a rich vanilla and semolina based dessert eaten by Parsis on special and happy occasions.
It’s great as a warm dessert after dinner. Or for breakfast as an alternative to porridge - and can be eaten cold if you can't wait.
We usually fry some raisins and slices of almond to garnish the top of the ravo when serving, which provides a combination of flavours and textures.
- Melt 75g of butter in a large pan
- Gently fry content of the pack in the butter for one minute
- Mix the milk and eggs in a bowl before adding to the pan and bringing to the boil
- Lower the heat and stir contiuously for approximately 15 minutes until the ravo is a thick consistency, but still falls off the spoon
- If the cooked ravo is lumpy, blend it until smooth
- Optional, fry almond slices and raisins then sprinkle over the top of the ravo when serving
Semolina (contains wheat), sugar, cardamom, vanilla bean powder