Pakoras are a delicious starter to your meal, or tea-time snack. Use the standard ingredients of potato and onions, or add your own twist by including your choice of vegetables such as kale, cauliflower or spinach. If you want a spicier snack, you can add your own chillies too.
Don't forget, you can let us know what spice level you prefer when you place your order and we'll tailor it just for you.
Makes approx 20 pakoras
Our pakora mix is gluten free
- Pour the contents of this packet into a large bowl.
- Add a large tablespoon of melted ghee (or butter) and approximately 125ml of water to make a smooth batter. It should be just thick enough to drop off the spoon (not pour).
- Mix in one large thinly sliced onion and one small potato chopped into approximately 1cm cubes.
- Add other chopped vegetables as desired.
- Heat enough oil in a pan to deep fry (or use a deep fryer). Carefully drop spoonfuls of the batter into the oil.
- Fry until golden brown (about 3 mins) then remove with slotted spoon and place on kitchen paper.
Gram flour, fenugreek, garlic, garam masala, coriander, salt, chilli