Traditional Parsi Ras is a very light curry. Ras is very similar to a gravy-like sauce. Light, but packed with flavour. Often cooked with chicken and potatoes, also great with fish, or simply packed full of vegetables.
It was one of our favourites, and still is. Great on rice, or eaten as a starter with warm crusty bread.
Traditional Parsi Ras
- Lightly fry the contents of the spice kit in one tablespoon of ghee (or oil) for one minute.
- Add approximately 500g of chicken and brown with the spice.
- Stir in approximately 150g of chopped tomatoes.
- Add 700ml of hot water and if desired, add par boiled, chopped potatoes and peas.
- Leave to simmer for 20 minutes or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
Onion (with wheat), garlic, cumin, coriander, ginger, turmeric, cinnamon, salt, chilli, pepper.