A traditional biscuit with both Persian and Indian variations. Ours is a Parsi tea-time favourite, which combines the sweetness of sugar with the flavours of cardamom and nutmeg. Traditionally we mark our biscuits with an X before baking and press almond, or pistachio slithers into the top of the biscuit.
- Empty contents of packet into a large mixing bowl or cake mixer.
- Add 100g of butter and 100g of sugar
- Mix gently until all ingredients become a soft dough (mix by hand if that helps)
- Form into 8 - 10 balls, flatten to small biscuits
- Place on greased baking tray or parchment sheet
- Optional: gently press slices of pieces of almond into the top of each biscuit
- Bake in an oven at 350°F / 175°C for approx 20 minutes
Flour (contains wheat), semolina (contains wheat), cardamom, nutmeg, salt