Preparation time: 10 - 12 minutes
Cooking time: 3 - 4 minutes
Flatbread is basically unleavened bread, which is made without yeast. It is rolled out flat and cooked. While it originated in ancient Egypt, many cultures have versions of flatbread. From roti (chapati) to naan to tortilla, the flatbread has been produced just about everywhere.
It is delicious served on the side of a curry or dahl, or used to wrap up some fried, garlic chicken or vegetables with a nice chutney.
Garlic and Coriander Flatbread
- Empty contents of packet into a large mixing bowl with 120ml of water.
- Mix together into a soft dough and kneed for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Separate into four to six pieces and roll into balls.
- Roll, or stretch into flat, circular shapes (thickness of a ten pence piece). Note: Sprinkle a small amount of flour on the dough to stop sticking when rolling.
- Brush flatbread with soft or melted butter then place onto very hot griddle/frying pan.
- Cook each side for approx 1½ - 2 minutes, until cooked.
Flour (contains wheat), garlic, coriander, onion seed, salt