Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Butter Chicken Curry (Murgh Makhani) is a Northern Indian curry. However, having cooked it a number of times for family and friends we've added a few elements of Parsi cooking and created our own version.
This is a wonderfully smooth and creamy curry. Bright red tomatoes mixed with cream and yogurt give the curry a lovely warm colour, while the taste makes it a favourite amongst many.
Murgh Makhani (serves 4)
- Lightly fry the contents of the spice kit in one tablespoon of ghee (or oil) for two minutes.
- Add approximately 300g of chicken and brown with the spice.
- Stir in 400g of chopped tomatoes (blended if preferred).
- Add 150g of plain yogurt and 250ml of single cream. Stir together, then transfer to an ovenproof dish and cover with foil.
- Heat in the centre of the oven at 180°C/Gas 4 for 45 minutes or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
Serve with basmati rice, naan bread and poppadoms.
Garlic, onions, ginger, chilli powder, cloves, cinnamon, garam masala, cardamon, coriander, ground almonds.